Friday, November 4, 2011

Miss Ellie is spending the night

Today (Thursday) was a good day here!!!!  On Oct 18 we had a gray cat come to our door absolutely starved.  Since then she has had days of 2 meals, 1 meal or no meals -- depending on if I could locate her!!!   At first she'd come to the house, then one night the dogs chased her up a tree (it took some coaxing to get her to come down).  She didn't come when I'd call her and one day I saw her out in the hay field behind the house - went out and called and she came right to me.  For the past week she & I have been meeting in the field!!  I took the food out and we'd set there in the field to eat and have a petting session.

Yesterday I didn't have the food with me when I went out so I carried her to the house, after I had it fixed we went a ways from the house for her to eat. This morning I saw her out in the field & by the time I got dressed and out there she was out of site -- but came running when I called. This was the first running I've seen her do!!!!  I carried her to the house and INTO the house -- inside the back door is a little room  & I fed her there.  Then fixed her a bed and litter box and she's made her self at home!!!  She spent the day sleeping and eating --- 3 meals so far.  She is much prettier than when I first saw her and has filled out so much. Her coat is heavier and shiny. 

By the way --  I cooked some chicken to make a nutritious thick broth for her & s
he sure does like it!!  That's what she must have been running to get today!!!  She ate a bowl of it before she moved on to the salmon catfood!!!   We are sure happy to have gotten this far with her and hope it works out for her to live with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment