Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday - a good day for a nap

It was a quiet day here today and quite cool. In the early morning I had to get a quilt - it was actually cold. It never did get real warm today and was very cool when Mindy & Goldie & I went for a walk tonight. We go up a road behind the house along a hay meadow. When it was first cut the aroma was so wonderful. Goldie goes for excursions onto the meadow and Mindy's short legs keep her mostly on the road. Now if a deer is sited they are both off in an instant. Those darn deer are always off in a flash & disappear so quickly!!

 Yesterday I played Fetch with Tink - she loves to do this. It was a treat for me also as neither of our dogs will Fetch. I tried getting Mindy to do this when she was a puppy but she could never see the sense in running to get something that I was only going to throw again; now if it were Scamper Play she could do that for hours! 



Our weekend puppy-guest Tink went home early this morning. She had a great weekend here and we sure enjoyed having her & trying to keep up to her!!  My arms and shoulders told me I'd given that red bone a few too many good throws yesterday :-(  I'm sure she didn't need as much napping time to recuperate today like I did.

One of the perks of retirement --- you can nap nearly all day and it's not a problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment