Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fire Season




Once again fire season is upon us. Sunday night we experienced a thunderstorm that was the cause for many fires coming to life on Monday. Not long before I left on Monday to go to Miles City we became aware of a fire to the west of us - in the hills across the river from us. What we could see made us think it was a big one but as I got closer to town the size of it became more visible. These 3 pictures were taken on Monday.


It burned all day Tuesday and I could see it's red glow when I returned home late Tuesday nite. I thot it would be too dark to get a good picture so didn't try. Our air was very smoky last night.



While in Miles City I learned that many other fires had also been started the same night & were growing in size. I do hope that they are all put out before we have another round of lightning to set off another.

 


Wednesday our air was not nearly as smoky but by the looks of the sky it's still burning. We hope that the ranchers were all able to get their cattle to safer ground. Hopefully we'll learn more about the fire on Friday when we get our weekly newspaper.


1 comment:

  1. Fires are always scary. We need rain here, but don't expect any, even from Irene.

    Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete